Link Archipelago: Tax Havens, Hockey Sticks and Market Failure
March 30, 2010
- Another Dan Mitchell video on the moral case for tax havens.
- Andrew Montford’s The Hockey Stick Illusion–“It exposes in delicious detail, datum by datum, how a great scientific mistake of immense political weight was perpetrated, defended and camouflaged by a scientific establishment that should now be red with shame.”
- Video of David Friedman speaking on market failure at the 2010 Free State Project Liberty Forum.
- In Nature, psychologist Paul Bloom pleads for more research on how deliberation and storytelling influence our moral judgments. Meanwhile, MIT neuroscientists have discovered that by sticking a magnet against your skull behind your right ear, you impair your ability to make moral judgments about the intentions of others.
- Eric Falkenstein on Envy: “What if economists have it all wrong, that self interest is primarily about status, and only incidentally correlated with wealth? A lot, it turns out.”